When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I stole a Roadmaster.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah buddy! Great story. Great bike. Great dudes..

Just so you know Marty, this dude is really jazzed. He wouldn't quit talking about it all night, even was yelling out the window of the car to random strangers about his new baby on the way home from the Coaster ride. It was hillarious. You must have some great karma my friend.

Last edited:

Just so you know Marty, this dude is really jazzed. He wouldn't quit talking about it all night, even was yelling out the window of the car to random strangers about his new baby on the way home from the Coaster ride. It was hillarious. You must have some great karma my friend.
Yea,but the chick on the corner wasn't impressed.musta been a mountain bike person.

That is hillarious!
The prequil to the story is, that when I went over to storage to get the Colson, there was a guy moving out, and he had all of his stuff scattered up and down the driveway. He had several old bikes sitting there, so I asked him if he was moving in or out?
He said out, so I asked him if I could help lighten his load and he looked at me with desperation and said ,yeah! That would be great!

I asked how much he wanted for the prewar Roadmaster, and he said, a hundred bucks ok? Of course I said sure. Now I know most of you guys would of said, How about sixty?
But, a hundred was a nice helpful figure for both of us , so that is how this bike came to be.
I looked at it like a stray Dog or Cat, I just couldn't leave it there, so I hoped that I could find it a good home.
When I told the story to Brian, he offered to double my money, and I couldn't think of a better caretaker for the bike, so the deal was done. I'm almost as stoked as Brian that he got the bike. I've just refrained from yelling at total strangers about what a bitchen bike it is.

That is hillarious!
The prequil to the story is, that when I went over to storage to get the Colson, there was a guy moving out, and he had all of his stuff scattered up and down the driveway. He had several old bikes sitting there, so I asked him if he was moving in or out?
He said out, so I asked him if I could help lighten his load and he looked at me with desperation and said ,yeah! That would be great!

I asked how much he wanted for the prewar Roadmaster, and he said, a hundred bucks ok? Of course I said sure. Now I know most of you guys would of said, How about sixty?
But, a hundred was a nice helpful figure for both of us , so that is how this bike came to be.
I looked at it like a stray Dog or Cat, I just couldn't leave it there, so I hoped that I could find it a good home.
When I told the story to Brian, he offered to double my money, and I couldn't think of a better caretaker for the bike, so the deal was done. I'm almost as stoked as Brian that he got the bike. I've just refrained from yelling at total strangers about what a bitchen bike it is.

Great follow up to the story !

Says a lot about our friends Marty and Frank, congrats Brian. Rick

This is one of those stories I always read about,but never thought in a million years it would happen to me.
Have to give a monstrous thank you to Marty(cyclingday)Frank(Cyclonecoasters) and Scott( fleetwood37) for the help.
Marty found this beauty and in a wise guy mode,I made an offer,never actually thinking it would happen.we continued the ride Sunday and Scott asked me if I was going to buy the bike.I was a bit confused because there was another bike I was looking at.he told me that Marty was going to sell it.when I asked Marty,he said Frank might be interested in it,so I figured end of story.not so.Frank graciously stepped aside and told Marty to go ahead and sell it to me.I won't discuss price,but it was great.end of story,I now own a sweet bike that I never imagined in my wildest dreams I would have.I need to get it home for a good bath because logistics weren't in my favor,but chomping at the bit.
Moral to story:
There are some absolutely fantastic people in this hobby,and I'm fortunate enough to have the honor to call them my friends.

The first line sounds like a letter in Playboy or Penthouse ... love it ...

I know you are the perfect caretaker for this one Brian & I am glad you got it as the other deal was a wash that you were working on ... this is what this hobby is about to me .. sharing & helping others who enjoy the bicycles - the history & the family aspect supporting each other in this hobby - not screwing each other over - I try to keep clear of those types here ... good karma keeps the hobby alive ... good seeing you @ the CYCLONE COASTER ride again ... Ride Vintage - Frank

The ride and company were first class.nice to meet new people.funny,I was just saying the only way I would ever be able to get a bike like this was to hang around the rides and keep my eyes and ears open.I guess it worked.I don't have the resources and money like some collectors,so this was a blessing.
Thanks again to Marty,Frank and Scott.special thanks to Cody and Mike for the extra hospitality.
A big thanks to slick for the use of his Colson.

Back