When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I swear this is it......last question on single tubes

-
I believe Memory Lane sells the Universals.... ask them when you call.

Yes......and as long as they fit and look good, I'll be happy. Like I said, I'm riding an 1890's womens bike on old wood rims around Cayuga lake any time soon....if I ride it at all.

redline,where are the tires your talking about on coker? the hard universals are just an excellent way to destroy a early bike and your ass..........not only that you paid all that money then they arent even the correct width for display

the dean tires are the best i have found but only come in black
I found them when I wanted to get a set of red lines for my firebird. They are in the catalog but are a special order. As far as I know they still sell them.

Yes I looked them up. They have 28x2.25 clinchers. I'm sure I remembered something about single tube. I'd call to be sure.

Yes I looked them up. They have 28x2.25 clinchers. I'm sure I remembered something about single tube. I'd call to be sure.

They wrote me back......no single tubes. Man........you'd think with all the bikes being restored, SOME ONE would have an affordable single tube that you can inflate! What hoo ha.

RE: airless

Well..... If it is not a rider - then just get the universals. I have had a few. They look great and you can ride them around the driveway or expo with no problem. The white tires do get dirty fairly quickly. Keep an eye on the fake stem they give you. They do look good. On your last thread you will see a picture of my pope chain less - it has the universals mounted on it.

took the $300 plunge

Well......just ordered the white tires from Memory Lane. Scott sounds like a nice guy. He says I have to heat these puppies up in the oven at 250 for 10 mins. They are a bear to get on I take it? Any hoo.....cost me about $310 with shipping, but what the hell.......done. Can't wait to see them on the rims/bike. :D

Last edited:
Nevermind, I see you already ordered,

but....you could cancel and call robert dean.

Ask him to make white. He might not, but if he doesn't have a demand for him, he probably won't start either.

Back