When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I swear this is it......last question on single tubes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
RE: Pics

Fantastic.....Post some pics when you are finished! Look forward to seeing them - and yes they can be a bear when putting on!

Nevermind, I see you already ordered,

but....you could cancel and call robert dean.

Ask him to make white. He might not, but if he doesn't have a demand for him, he probably won't start either.

I talked to Dean about making white tires and he said that he would have to buy a minimum one ton of the rubber material. He also said that the bulk rubber does not like to be stored for more than a month do to the resins going bad. Maybe if enough of a group of buyers could send in a large deposit this could be possible. If you build it they will come but the material will cost a small fortune in the meantime.

thats strange because i offered him quite a bit of money (name your price) but he said he couldnt do it,this was just last yr

DSCN1425_01.jpg

Posted the pic of the Whizzer in another thread, but the 1901 Crawford in the back has a set of old single tube tires I got in a trade many years ago and they still hold air very well. They were hard to find back then. I keep them lifted off the ground so they don't get screwed up. The wood rims are black under the old silver paint. The Crawford also has the first model Morrow coaster and brake rear hub and nice block chain. a very nice original bike (except for the silver paint on the rims and probably the black frame). The black frame paint has turned to a wrinkle finish like an old microscope over the years. Thinking of cleaning all the components and repainting frame and rims with black single stage enamel. Sorry I don't have a better picture handy right now.

Last edited:
RE: how much

I think we should run the numbers... Did Richard say how much a ton of the material was? Once we know we could start a collection and work on agreement with Richard and possibly a new tread pattern. I sure would contribute. My own experience though ... Is that this is a very very limited market. I had deans on my website for sale for over two years and never sold one pair. I think it is about the cost more than the availability. There is a lot to be said for giving it a good ole try though!

New molds would probably cost around $1500.00.
Too bad Universal and Coker tires can't put in a big order.
It would be great if we Cabers could put money into The Cabe store and create a stock of Dean's cream colored tires with new tread.
This could work similar to crowd-funding.
We would see more 28" Stutzman rims made if there was a good supply of vintage tires.
Dean would only need to sell 60 pairs of tires to order the white or cream bulk rubber.

Last edited:
Me, too!
Just need a few more pairs ordered.
It would be nice to have a micro-diamond tread design on the entire tread surface and sidewalls, like the TOC tires.

Last edited:
Back