When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I swear this is it......last question on single tubes

-

squeedals

I live for the CABE
Mulling over the single tube issue on the wood rim TOC bikes, I came across Universal Tire in PA. Three kinds to choose from but will the pneumatics they show here work as well as the airless white hard number in the center? I would like to use a tire i can fill with air and still stay on the old wood rim that only took the old glue on single tubes. The price seem competitive. Yes...no......maybe??

Comments?? I really need two good tires to complete the Royal resto.

https://www.universaltire.com/universal-brand-tires/universal-bicycle-tires.html

Last edited:
RE: Full of Air

Kindly note how Universal says these do not hold air! These are great for show or presentation but are not realllly riders.

Mulling over the single tube issue on the wood rim TOC bikes, I came across Universal Tire in PA. Three kinds to choose from but will the pneumatics they show here work as well as the airless white hard number in the center? I would like to use a tire i can fill with air and still stay on the old wood rim that only took the old glue on single tubes. The price seem competitive. Yes...no......maybe??

Comments?? I really need two good tires to complete the Royal resto.

https://www.universaltire.com/universal-brand-tires/universal-bicycle-tires.html

Kindly note how Universal says these do not hold air! These are great for show or presentation but are not realllly riders.

I'm aware of that, but is it true they will hold ones weight? They are hard tires non the less. Has anyone used these? What alternative are we looking at? Are the ones at Memory Lane any better? There seems to be a very limited choice here when it come to new tires on a TOC bike. :confused:

There is a company called Coker tire that makes special tires that hold air. You can get them for early motor cycles and bicycles. They are not cheap.

redline,where are the tires your talking about on coker? the hard universals are just an excellent way to destroy a early bike and your ass..........not only that you paid all that money then they arent even the correct width for display

the dean tires are the best i have found but only come in black

redline,where are the tires your talking about on coker? the hard universals are just an excellent way to destroy a early bike and your ass..........not only that you paid all that money then they arent even the correct width for display

the dean tires are the best i have found but only come in black

Alrighty then.......how about Memory Lanes tires? Any feedback on those puppies? I'm really not planning on riding the bike, I have all my balooners for that. :rolleyes:

Back