When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I need to quit buying bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

scooter_trasher

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked up a 66 Fastback today , wrong seat, likely a repop chainguard and then I spent too much on tires, tubes and a Sprint derailleur, but they quit giving Fastback slicks away some time ago, ugly HUH, but then again they seem to want 4, 5, 6 even 7 hundred for Fastbacks that need paint & tires . Did I mention I really like Fastbacks, always have and 66 is the year :)

66 Fastback.JPG

Last edited:
Heck, that’s a good looking bike. You will soon forget what it costs once you feel the breeze in your face cruzin the block. Anthony
Thanks, I could just about get my money back for the shifter & overload tube, not counting the tires & derailleur I just ordered, my problem is I need to get rid of something to make room, garage is in overflow status :)

View attachment 866721

You know I spent what I thought was to much building a 51 DX. I decided to sell it, and have regretted it ever since. I started building that bike because I thought it was cool, not because it was a good investment. I shouldn’t have sold it. We can always make more money but we can’t put a price on the enjoyment of the build. Besides, there are worse things a guy could spend his money on. Just my thoughts. Enjoy the ride my friend. Anthony

I see a lot of non-bike stuff there that needs to go! V/r Shawn
No , I think I'll just keep welders ,torches,air compressor , generator,power tools , the Harleys and parts, all that stuff gets used, the bicycles & parts are the least important of all the stuff, but since my friends won't go anymore I may get rid of the Snowmobile & ice fishing gear :)

Last edited:
Think of the devastaton you will do to the national economy.... not to mention the local one. Your real problem is (as Shawn said) to much other stuff that needs to go.
Solution number one (and they come in various sizes), but remember, you'll need to plan ahead inclusive of some "extra" room..:
DSC02453.JPG

I speak from experience regarding the planning ahead thing. This was the third building, and I am out of room again!

REC

PS:
That fence is the neighbors, and I fixed the lean once the shed was dropped. He did no repairs on any of the fence on that side, so after Irma, I replaced most of it, and it is now on my side of the line and stand straight up.

I think we all get to the point where we dissect a purchase and find its flaws thus leaving us with a sour taste in our mouth.....worse yet when it may have cost a little more than we should have paid....in the long run we learn and vow to never do that mistake again....but we do when we get excited....face it...its a bug and the only cure is to rest up and walk away for a brief period...but it keeps coming back and then you write about how you might have a problem while your making plans to buy more and sell more to have more spending power as the shed is being built....thatll show them.....btw my shed is going up in a few days......

Back