When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I want my Suburban back!

-

DryHeat

On Training Wheels
Howdy!

Posted this under "Wanted" but thought I'd throw it into the Schwinn group as well. My grandfather bought me a bike when I was about 12. Kept it for a long time, even rode it to high school a bit. But it went away at some point, as things do. Now I want to find one again.

So... I'm looking for a REALLY nice, original and complete men's 1973 Schwinn Suburban, 10-speed, Campus Green. Model 620 (20 inch frame) would be perfect, but will consider 622 (22"). The 624 might be too big...

I know they're out there. Just have to find one. Saw a beautiful one on EBay 2 or 3 years ago and decided I shouldn't spend the money just for nostalgia's sake. Been kicking myself ever since.
Willing to pay reasonable top dollar (as opposed to crazy top dollar?) for a prize specimen. Know of one? Respond to this thread or email: [email protected]. Thanks one and all!

Jeff
Tucson

Detroit CL
https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bik/d/schwinn-classic-with-cruiser-style-clean/6861492686.html

1554949051323.png

I sent you a long list of green suburbans for sale. They aren't that hard to find. There were two in your area (most likely now gone). Are you checking your messages?

Howdy!

Posted this under "Wanted" but thought I'd throw it into the Schwinn group as well. My grandfather bought me a bike when I was about 12. Kept it for a long time, even rode it to high school a bit. But it went away at some point, as things do. Now I want to find one again.

So... I'm looking for a REALLY nice, original and complete men's 1973 Schwinn Suburban, 10-speed, Campus Green. Model 620 (20 inch frame) would be perfect, but will consider 622 (22"). The 624 might be too big...

I know they're out there. Just have to find one. Saw a beautiful one on EBay 2 or 3 years ago and decided I shouldn't spend the money just for nostalgia's sake. Been kicking myself ever since.
Willing to pay reasonable top dollar (as opposed to crazy top dollar?) for a prize specimen. Know of one? Respond to this thread or email: [email protected]. Thanks one and all!

Jeff
Tucson

Hello Jeff,
I have a friend in Tuscon who might have one. Have you found one yet?
Charles

He joined and has not been back since. He did put his address in the post so maybe that would be best way to contact him.

Back