When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I want to put together a So Cal bike ride!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
remember mike and I are 3 hours drive from San Diego. I like the idea of Santa Monica to Venice Beaches. or anywhere between Lancaster and San Diego.
Scott:cool:

I've done a ride from Will Rogers State Park down to Marina Del Rey. It is nice if you go early enough. The later you go the more roller bladers there are.

So Cal RIDE

I'm willing to go anywhere Fleetwood... I think We'll need to plan several rides. One in San Diego, One in Long Beach, One From Venice to Santa Monica... and even one in the A.V. Since the A.V. is your stomping grounds I think you should Plan that ride.... I'm a beer drinker... So I'll need several Pub Stops... Plus the A.V. is only good for riding in early spring or early fall.... Far too hot otherwise.... Keep me informed..

Okay Gents... I'll get with the some guys here and plan a ride in San Diego.. Here are two ideas on how and where to do them.. So Read both choices and the winning choice will be made into a new thread of Who's coming to it.

Choice one: We ride along Seaport village/ Emabracadero.. Beautiful Seaside San Diego Bay Riding. Longer distances between bars and places to rest. But better photo ops in my opinion.

Choice two: Mission Beach very near to the Belmont Roller Coaster and then north to La Jolla. Lots of bars, Lot of eateries, But a narrow boardwalk. During Summer peak season, Lots of gals to look at, But makes for a really slow ride through pedestrian traffic... Still loads of fun. Top it off with a BBQ in Mission Bay park.

Hey guys I ride w Cyclone Coasters almost all the time and I would be up for option number 2.

Sounds good keep us posted of the date of the ride.

Remember for some of us (namely me) the ride and the scenery is enough w some good food no need to pollute the day w/ alcohol.

Is that Shaved Ice stand still there near the wooden Coaster???,my friends dad used to own that place and I remember going down there as a kid.

And a barBque is great at the park we can all hang out and enjoy the day. We had a barBque on one of our Cyclone rides and it was a blast.

55' Custom Corvette:cool:

PS here are a few pics of the Ladies ride on Super Bowl Sunday in the rain/mist whatever it was.
1st pic is of us at the Queen Mary and the 2nd is us looking for bikes on the LA river.:eek:

Attachments

• Cyclone riders @ Queen Mary LB.jpg
    Cyclone riders @ Queen Mary LB.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Looking over the wall at the river in LB.jpg
    Looking over the wall at the river in LB.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 63
I'm not much of a drinker either. i just was mentioning the ride I used to go on. I don't mind doing a few as far as San Diego but also some closer would be nice.
Scott

I'm leaning towards the Mission Bay choice too. It's a drive for most of us so might as well plan a meal together at the park. For anyone taking the train, a pub crawl sounds fun. Probably not a good idea for anyone with a couple of hours drive home though.

Okay Gents... I'll get with the some guys here and plan a ride in San Diego.. Here are two ideas on how and where to do them.. So Read both choices and the winning choice will be made into a new thread of Who's coming to it.

Choice one: We ride along Seaport village/ Emabracadero.. Beautiful Seaside San Diego Bay Riding. Longer distances between bars and places to rest. But better photo ops in my opinion.

Choice two: Mission Beach very near to the Belmont Roller Coaster and then north to La Jolla. Lots of bars, Lot of eateries, But a narrow boardwalk. During Summer peak season, Lots of gals to look at, But makes for a really slow ride through pedestrian traffic... Still loads of fun. Top it off with a BBQ in Mission Bay park.

JR I'm good for either option lets put some dates together and we can talk to Frank and Bernard to get some of the Cyclone folks down to San Diego. We may not want to make it a PUB crawl due to some of the riders are actively in AA.

Mark

Early April?

Coolio Mark, I'm leaning towards Mission Bay Ride and BBQ... I don't want to impose on those who choose or not choose to partake in the beverage. So perhaps we can have one big ride, Followed by the BBQ, and then we can break off into smaller clicks. What does everybody think about early April?

April is good.
Just remember the Cyclone Coaster ride is on the first Sunday
of the month which is the 6th of April.

Back