When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I would like to know more about this bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thank you very much for responding ! My husband picked it up for scrap, but my dad saw it and was curious to its age and style. We restore old cars so we do appreciate the classics. We will research and see if parts can be used to either make it pretty again or to help someone make theirs pretty again. Thanks again

please don't scrap it. probably immediate post war or right before. I've redone lots of rusty junk, that is not too far gone. both those bikes I posted are currently on ebay. chain guards and a tank would be found on ebay as well with a weekly search. I have found that everything shows up on ebay sooner or later

While this bike is indeed crusty, it's not beyond redemption (to a degree), providing there is no rust-through. If your just dealing with the moderate rust and the pitting I'm seeing, you may be surprised at what an Oxalic Acid bath can do for this bike. It won't ever look like the examples that 49autocycledeluxe has provided, but it can still be a very cool bike! Plenty of info on this site regarding Oxalic Acid and plenty of willing members to help guide you along the way to getting this bike back into shape, if you desire.
We are thinking about restoring it. It is all surface rust. It is a cool bike

please don't scrap it. probably immediate post war or right before. I've redone lots of rusty junk, that is not too far gone. both those bikes I posted are currently on ebay. chain guards and a tank would be found on ebay as well with a weekly search. I have found that everything shows up on ebay sooner or later
Super Cool ! We are interested in restoration. Thanks for your encouragement!

Not to be a Debbie Downer but just be advised that restored this bike is not worth a lot of money. If correctly restored you will likely have about five to six times more money in the bike than it is worth. Personally I would not even attempt to make this a rider. I'd either part it or make it yard art. V/r Shawn

Thank you very much for responding ! My husband picked it up for scrap, but my dad saw it and was curious to its age and style. We restore old cars so we do appreciate the classics. We will research and see if parts can be used to either make it pretty again or to help someone make theirs pretty again. Thanks again
Awesome!
That is usually how it begins; except the husband and dad are trying to sneak it by without the wife wanting anything to do with it.
I dig your attitude.
Show us those restoration skills, make it pretty.
There is a cap on value but not for Love.
Or just clean it up and get it ridable to see if it fits you, speaks to you, reminds you of past things....
Keep us posted. Enjoy the ride.

Judi, you are lucky with this bike as it has a half inch pitch sprocket, the chain can be bought new or you can use the one from the 20 dollar craigslist bike you pirate your new wheels, tires and seat from. Save everything you take off. Take your time with gooseneck, and you may have to replace the bearing cups for the bottom bracket and headset available at your local bike shop or the internet. Soap and water with a green scratch pad or power wash to take off crust then wet sand then wax it. For under 50 dollars and some labor it will be a hit at your next car show. Welcome to the cabe. Rick

My advice, would be to dig a big hole right in that pretty green lawn, and push that rusted hulk right in, then plant a nice tree right on top of it.
You'd be surprised how much nutrition there is in all that iron.
Then I'd go back inside, turn on the computer, and I'd hit the Buy It Now on this little beauty.
It'd be the best $345.00 you ever spent.
image.jpeg
Just my humble opinion of course.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but just be advised that restored this bike is not worth a lot of money. If correctly restored you will likely have about five to six times more money in the bike than it is worth. Personally I would not even attempt to make this a rider. I'd either part it or make it yard art. V/r Shawn

FUN WITH BICYCLES. this hobby is about FUN WITH BICYCLES. not everything has to be a perfect original or correct restoration. if the owners are car people they know all about spending a bunch of money and having something worth less money than they put into it. there is something about saving something that is junk and making it nice again that is very satisfying for a do it yourself kind of person. I'm guessing this hobby is not about money for 90% of us, not even a little tiny bit.

FUN WITH BICYCLES. this hobby is about FUN WITH BICYCLES. not everything has to be a perfect original or correct restoration. if the owners are car people they know all about spending a bunch of money and having something worth less money than they put into it. there is something about saving something that is junk and making it nice again that is very satisfying for a do it yourself kind of person. I'm guessing this hobby is not about money for 90% of us, not even a little tiny bit.

It certainly isn't about money for me and IS all about the fun. I just don't think people, even car people, realize how much you can sink into a bicycle to do a restoration. I see at least a tube of 3M glazing putty there before you get close to paint. I've revived some pretty toasty stuff but I'm with @cyclingday on this one. That was just my opinion no reason to be hat'n

no hate, but you seem to discourage a great many people who come here with questions about some old heap.

a pitted bike frame would not be the place for glazing putty. if you have a project that you feel requires an entire tube you would be going about it all wrong. glazing putty is for minor imperfections after most of the work has been done. my B6 I've had forever was pitted pretty bad, it probably had a tank on it that held water and dirt, so that part was really bad. couple coats of primer and sanding took care of it.

Back