When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID from this pic?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Update: Finally getting around to this bike my Mom picked up for me in Florida. Still cant quite make out the serial number , M33.... or M83.... M33 falls under 1963 , M83 1958 and since it has a tank on it like a fleet ( with a working horn not sure what years there was horn though ) it must be a 63' Fleet.
I'm going to try my hand at frame painting..... here goes !!!!!!
Question.. this bike had larger wheels, what wheels came on the Fleets?
1645733123294.png

fleet year?.jpeg

fleetframepostblasting1.jpeg

fleetpostblasting2.jpeg

Update: Finally getting around to this bike my Mom picked up for me in Florida. Still cant quite make out the serial number , M33.... or M83.... M33 falls under 1963 , M83 1958 and since it has a tank on it like a fleet ( with a working horn not sure what years there was horn though ) it must be a 63' Fleet.
I'm going to try my hand at frame painting..... here goes !!!!!!
Question.. this bike had larger wheels, what wheels came on the Fleets?
View attachment 1576715

View attachment 1576710

View attachment 1576712

View attachment 1576713
The Fleet would have had 26 inch S-7 wheels and tires. They are their own bird only S-7 tires will fit -7 wheels. I can not tell if your wheels you have are 26 inch S-2 wheels? If so they will accept all most any 26x2.125 tire. My 1962 Fleet came with a painted set of S-7 wheels and it was a 2 speed red band. I'm not sure if any Fleet's came with chrome wheels, though it would be ok to use them. It really dresses them up. Good luck m

Hey There CBJ !
This truly was a frankenbike, scroll back, the wheels are def not S-7s, the rear appears to be a S-2 / 2-speed RB and the front is something I'm not familiar with thats laced to a home made drum brake. Ill def be using that rim but not the hub. Prolly be a hybrid cruiser type build.

Can anyone tell me if the tank on this bike with a working horn was a Fleet tank or something else? Im going to paint the frame and tank / forks and want to at least know what colors are original to choose from. Its a 63' something! ....
thanks

The M3 serial number stamped drop out would have been used to build a frame in 1964. There were three bikes in 64 that had a slimline tank, Deluxe American, Jaguar and the Fleet. The Jag and American tanks were chrome & paint and the Fleet was all painted. All three had a horn. The colors offered on the Fleet was Flambo Red and Black.

Back