When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID Help Needed!

-

hwball_11

On Training Wheels
Hi All,

I’m a newbie to the antique bicycle world and am currently working on this project. Would anyone be able to help me ID the year/make of this bicycle? Looks like the sprocket and pedal assembly have been swapped for later parts? Thanks in advance for your help! Can take more pics if needed.

11194048-CA48-48DF-A805-42E0274FF1D5.jpeg

If you are buying it be aware that the forks are bent backwards from a "T-bone" impact. They could probably be straightened as long as there are no cracks near the steerer tube at the fork's crown race (before or after the repair).

As shown in the pic this type of tube failure can ruin your day...

steerer.jpg

Last edited:
Could be prewar or, as stated above post-war. it would have to be early post war--the truss rods changed and so did elements of the fork itself. Post a pic of the number on the bottom bracket please. The date code (as rolfaster's example-EH74) is a reverse code--so 74 would indicate 47 production. The first order of business on that bike will be to deal with the bent fork.

Nice bike.
Like others have indicated, a Snyder-built Wards Hawthorne or a Rollfast; with rear fork ends (chain stays) and 5/8” seat post that look pre-war, (or perhaps very-early post war).
The serial numbers may have a date-place stamp like 14–EH, (or similar).
Welcome to the CABE.

Last edited:
Thank y’all for the help and warm welcome!

Here is a pic of what looks to be the serial code stamp. From what I can tell it reads 63060 or 63069... Does anyone have a pic of where about the 2 digit letter and number code would be? Having trouble locating through the built up grease... Thanks again!

7353B9FE-78DC-4E42-A03C-6B30BF370645.png

Back