When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID help please.. 30's to 50's US cruiser?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

20x1 1/8

On Training Wheels
My buddy just picked up the pictured bike from his uncle, who told him it was his father's bike. Anybody recognize this one? Appreciate any information.

bike.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

That chaining wasn't used until 38. That fork was used for several years on lower models. I don't think that frame style was introduced until 40-41,correct? Lets see a date stamp on the bottom bracket (Under the crank stamped into the frame) I'm at work & don't have access to my Colson book. I'll check when I get home.

Colsonspeak: J = October (10th letter, 10th month), 8 = 1938. I don't see that framestyle in my Colson book (but that doesn't mean anything). However on page '49 my book does show the chainring was introduced in 1938 (corrected per fordmike65). Sure wonder what this bike looked like when it had a motor on it.

Last edited:
What size wheels are those? Pretty sure the Ninja Star chainring (as I call it) was introduced in 38, right Dave?

You're right Mike! I made a mistake. Page 48 was 1937 and the opposing page 49 was 1938. I will correct that in my earlier post. Thanks!

Back