When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'd like to start a thread on roadmaster bicycles every body please post yours

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There really are some amazing Bikes built by CWC.
Mine is a 1940 Western Flyer special order with heavy duty wheels.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445622693.327866.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445622709.878899.jpg

I just picked this 1955 Roadmaster up last week from the original owner. I spend a few days cleaning it up since it hadn't seen daylight in a few years.

I was doing a nationwide Craigslist search and found an ad for a Columbia Roadmaster. It was posted in the Hanford CA Craigslist w/o any pictures. The ad said that the seller was from Windsor, which I assumed was Windsor, CA. The seller also said that his Father rode it home from the bike shop in Hartford. (Windsor/Hartford California?) I clicked on the respond link and saw a CT area code, so I called the number. The person that answered said "You're not from California are you?" I said "No, but if you're in Windsor CT, then I'm about 30 minutes from you". He admitted that he wasn't much of a computer person and I was the only one to call that was lived on this side of the Mississippi.

Roadmaster-6.jpg

I had no idea it was that easy to find an original owner bike! Beautiful bike, earlier than a '55 though.

As it turns out, it's actually a 1952. The former owner said that he got it brand new on April 4, 1955. I had no reason to doubt him. However, he was an older guy, maybe he could remember that day like it was yesterday, but the year .... not so much.

Here's what 67 shares of Cleveland Welding Company stock looked like in 1928.
f69e3a2ba5f2f75349d5c22615575bf1-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id like to start thred on roadmaster

picked this one up friday nice old rider

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 256
Most recent addition to my collection... believe it to be a 1941 Roadmaster...? One peculiar thing is that the head badge holes in the frame are only 2 5/8" apart and the brass head badge I have for it has 3" apart holes, so may not be correct badge. Any thoughts welcome!
IMG_3834.jpg
IMG_3835.jpg

Most recent addition to my collection... believe it to be a 1941 Roadmaster...? One peculiar thing is that the head badge holes in the frame are only 2 5/8" apart and the brass head badge I have for it has 3" apart holes, so may not be correct badge. Any thoughts welcome!
View attachment 249863View attachment 249864

Western Flyer head badge used 2 5/8 " spacing. Bottom Truss rods and springs on fork look 1950s.
What say the CABE experts on this bike?.....Love those wide "u" bars

Back