When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Id this Firestone (<1950)

-

rickpaulos

Finally riding a big boys bike
My now deceased father in law. Age 14. Photo taken in 1950. Firestone bike in front of his big brothers car.

47029165701_988b4a931d_h.jpg

Thanks. I found a few Firestone Super Cruisers on the www. I see the headlight is different on all of them. None match exactly.

That may be because the top was repainted. I have seen many different lights, but most are not white on top.

It is a base model Super Cruiser, 1949! The pedestal light top is a bit strange, but more then likely was repainted because the basket hit it many times.
Below is my 50, 2 tone survivor, notice the differences.

20201212_131912 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it could be a replacement Delta Winner light? It has the one piece rear bumper/reflector, I would expect it to have the train headlight.

Looks like it could be a replacement Delta Winner light? It has the one piece rear bumper/reflector, I would expect it to have the train headlight.
It is hard to see, but blown up it does look like the pedestal light, which for 49 would have been correct.

Definitely the pedestal light. I've got a Rocket girls model at home that came with one. If I remember right, it's a 51.

I think they reserved train lights for Monark badged bikes when first introduced.

Back