When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID / year ? BF Goodrich Vigilante

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spleeft

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi all,
Found this bike at garage sale, he wants $50. I kinda just like the way it looks but wanted your'alls opinion on its history/ etc. Hes says it from the 50's.
Thanks for any help

BF Vigilante.JPG

More like mid-60s but still very cool. Not a particularly valuable bike but at $50 that's a decent deal. Most like these for their space-age styling, I'd buy that for $50 if I came across it. Bummer someone spray-painted the front rim...

A few years ago I bought one of these in chrome with the springer for $250, I think it was. It had apes added and came with a set of minty Esso tiger grips.

Some heavy duty easy off oven cleaner will take that paint off those tires & rim too in a few mins. Don't do it on the bike or near it though ....

Last edited:
Mixed matched rims? Schwinn was building bikes for BFG before Murray started in the 60's. I've seen 1960 BFG Schwinns so that bike is most likely an early-mid 60's.

Nope the rims are drop centers? But the front 1 seems to be painted in the yellow paint that is on the rear white wall tire? Like a reverse scheme

For $50 I'd jump on that deal; the rest of the bike looks Pretty Good & the chain ring chrome cover is there / looks Nice!

Mixed matched rims? Schwinn was building bikes for BFG before Murray started in the 60's. I've seen 1960 BFG Schwinns so that bike is most likely an early-mid 60's.
I don't know man, the rim profiles sure don't look the same to me. Hard to tell though, so I can't assume they're the same.

I don't know man, the rim profiles sure don't look the same to me. Hard to tell though, so I can't assume they're the same.
You may be right but what I can tell from zoomin' the image on my phone; they appear to be identical to the 1es on my Columbia but I could see how the painted wheel & tires could throw that illusion. If I'm wrong I'm Wrong though & I learn.... of course I don't think these were original to my '64

Back