When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idea of Value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dan-Oh

On Training Wheels
I'm new here and to bicycles. My neighbor called the other day and said he would like to sell his Schwinn and thought I should have it. My interest is in vintage motorcycles but this bike has always had my interest. When I asked what he wanted for the bike, he told me to make an offer. I don't want to cheat him but I'm out of my league so I can't come up with a fair price. Attached are a few pictures I took while I was there and I was hoping someone on this forum could tell me what it is, give me a year and give me an idea if what it's worth. The bike is straight, looks to have original paint, the chrome is rusty, the tires say Schwinn, there is a klaxon-style horn on the handle bars and he was told it is a 1936 when he bought it.

Thanks in advance for your help......

SideView.jpg

Badge.jpg

Seat.jpg

Sprocket.jpg

Hey Dan-Oh, Welcome, I turned it right side up so I could get a better look at it. There are people on this site that are much more knowledgeable in pre war Schwinns than I am. From what I can see, it indeed could be a 1936, you can confirm w/ the serial #s. Bike has some really nice parts on it, drop stand, handlebars, head badge. I may be off but I can see it in the 400 to 500 range. Good luck.

fullsizeoutput_aa0.jpeg

Here are some comps, albeit these are DX's but same era, what you are looking at may be a '35-36. The Schwinn guys can correct me.
good deal would be in the 500 range, "must have it" 800.00 max
The fact that everything matches add value to me. But that only goes so far.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/39-schwinn-dx.145825/

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/39-schwinn-admiral-dx.146665/ crusty but had the tank.

also a double bar roadster-
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1936-schwinn-double-bar-roadster.146781/

The more deluxe a schwinn is, the price goes up, but it looks what you have there is an unequipped model.

You’d be doing great $400 its all there it looks to be in great shape. They ride pretty good too!

Thanks so much for the quick responses! This was very helpful.

I do have a lot to learn about bicycles though....

I pretty much agree with the sentiments above, but one factor that gives this particular bike a boost, is that it can easily be converted from a standard 35 to a deluxe model with a few additional parts.
Therefore, you have to take the value of each of its components into consideration if this bike were to be parted out and sold to the guy looking to build a 35 Cycleplane/Motorbike.
$500 bills on the low end and $1,500 on the high end.
If it was mine to sell, I'd be asking $650 for it.
But hey, that's just me.
It sounds like the seller wants you to have it, so you might offer him $450 and see what he says.

Last edited:
Back