When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ideas?: kickstand dent on '82 Diamond Back Silver Streak BMX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

LIFE OF SCHWINN

I live for the CABE
Kids do the craziest things... hopefully someone has a suggestion to remedy this...
I took it to a body shop and they said they couldn't help me,

dent.JPG

Bummer! My first thought is a slide hammer type thing. Or upside down on an anvil with as thick of an allen wrench that will fit the hole with short end inserted. Then tap with a hammer around & around, little by little to push flat again. Use some masking tape to help protect the chrome.

Those are my immediate thoughts. Interested in hearing other opinions!

I squeezed it a bit in a vise, but didn't do too much (a little better). I was thinking the same things you were...
Just not sure what I should use. Biggest problem is the dents on either side on top...

frame4.JPG

Boy someone must have really put the hammer to it. I believe best thing to do is leave it the way it is. Using a vise it would bend it more. The metal is to thick for a pull hammer.
Good luck

I don't know what else you can use to get inside that hole. Anchor bolts (L) probably start out at a 1/2'' and are pretty hard. Maybe do a little shaving?

Back