When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ideas?: kickstand dent on '82 Diamond Back Silver Streak BMX

-

LIFE OF SCHWINN

I live for the CABE
Kids do the craziest things... hopefully someone has a suggestion to remedy this...
I took it to a body shop and they said they couldn't help me,

dent.JPG

Bummer! My first thought is a slide hammer type thing. Or upside down on an anvil with as thick of an allen wrench that will fit the hole with short end inserted. Then tap with a hammer around & around, little by little to push flat again. Use some masking tape to help protect the chrome.

Those are my immediate thoughts. Interested in hearing other opinions!

I squeezed it a bit in a vise, but didn't do too much (a little better). I was thinking the same things you were...
Just not sure what I should use. Biggest problem is the dents on either side on top...

frame4.JPG

Boy someone must have really put the hammer to it. I believe best thing to do is leave it the way it is. Using a vise it would bend it more. The metal is to thick for a pull hammer.
Good luck

I don't know what else you can use to get inside that hole. Anchor bolts (L) probably start out at a 1/2'' and are pretty hard. Maybe do a little shaving?

Back