When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ideas to convert a 2 screw frontloader to a single stud

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I designed and 3d printed an adapter, that seems to work well. I used flat tapered screws that fit flush. It only raises the light a not noticeable amount, and is pretty sturdy.
View attachment 1718985

View attachment 1718989

How thick is it? I'll try it if you have one available.

I don't have it handy at all. I think it is 4 millimeters. It would be easy enough to make with a piece of aluminum, and taper the insides.

View attachment 1719009
This was kinda my thought pattern also. 4mm is pretty thin and wouldn't alter the look of it.......

I had wondered if the gothic CWC would accept the front loader. Single bolt or double screw .If there are specific bases I don't have one. I also feel like making a gasket .

I'm going back to this relic + plan to install morrow coaster, maybe fender/ front loader and get rid of gaping hole in front .

IMG_20221023_091951599_HDR.jpg

Ok. It was slow at work today and I got impatient. I had this idea last night while looking through the Home Depot hardware section. Looks like after trimming down the prongs and the center part, it will work. I could epoxy it in place, but I think the lil bits of prong left and using a lock washer should keep it in place. I will report back after trying it out.

PXL_20221024_230652847.jpg

Last edited:
Back