When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ideas to convert a 2 screw frontloader to a single stud

-
I designed and 3d printed an adapter, that seems to work well. I used flat tapered screws that fit flush. It only raises the light a not noticeable amount, and is pretty sturdy.
View attachment 1718985

View attachment 1718989

How thick is it? I'll try it if you have one available.

I don't have it handy at all. I think it is 4 millimeters. It would be easy enough to make with a piece of aluminum, and taper the insides.

View attachment 1719009
This was kinda my thought pattern also. 4mm is pretty thin and wouldn't alter the look of it.......

I had wondered if the gothic CWC would accept the front loader. Single bolt or double screw .If there are specific bases I don't have one. I also feel like making a gasket .

I'm going back to this relic + plan to install morrow coaster, maybe fender/ front loader and get rid of gaping hole in front .

IMG_20221023_091951599_HDR.jpg

Ok. It was slow at work today and I got impatient. I had this idea last night while looking through the Home Depot hardware section. Looks like after trimming down the prongs and the center part, it will work. I could epoxy it in place, but I think the lil bits of prong left and using a lock washer should keep it in place. I will report back after trying it out.

PXL_20221024_230652847.jpg

Last edited:
Back