When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identification help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

llynnwood

On Training Wheels
You wouldn't be able to identify this or know who would I know is around a 65 monark thunderbird
IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

Bumping this up since it was moved.

The bike was made by Huffy and the Monark name was owned by Huffy in the 60's. I believe the serial number will tell you the year of manufacture.

Here's a girls, same carrier, chain guard, tank plaque, fender ornament. Said to be a 1967.

Last edited:
That’s a beautiful and rare bike. All correct and original 1966-67 Monark Thunderbird. 1966 was the first year for those two toned seats on the more deluxe models, and 1967 was the last year for that headlight.

This is a re-badged and re-trimmed version of the Huffy Eldorado. I have several years of Huffy catalogs uploaded to the CABE. Search my Gallery and you will find them. I even have some Monark ads.

I have been trying to determine what the bike was that I had back in the 1960s. After research, I believe it was a Monark Thunderbird (mens red), but it was not 66-67 as listed here, it was 64 or earlier. Probably one of the Huffman Monarks? Anyway I'm told I might be able to find catalogs here from the early 60s to verify. I'm new to the CABE. an anyone tell me the best way to find them here? Thanks!

@partsguy has posted several, although it's not a full set. Click on the "Media" tab in the blue header and then search for "Huffy catalog". That worked for me. It looks like there's a '55, '58, '59, '60, '63 and '66. Huffman bought Monark at the end of 1957 if memory serves.

Back