When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identification To Find Parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

thekluse

On Training Wheels
Hi all, first time posting here. I bought this tricycle for my son, but the handle bars are broken and I want to find a replacement. The problem is I'm not sure what kind it is as I can't find a badge. There is a G in a circle I the seat but that's the only mark I can find. Any help identifying it or finding parts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
0423161738_HDR.jpg
0423161747_HDR.jpg

The "G" in a circle on the back of the seat stands for "Garton Toy Co." The question is whether the seat is original to the trike or a later replacement. I tried looking for a Garton like this one with no success, though that doesn't mean it isn't actually a Garton model. They had some uniquely designed riding toys in their later years. As for the handlebar, most tricycle handlebars with the same diameter (looks like 3/4") steel tubing would work. There's a few of them listed on ebay right now and perhaps someone here might have one in their trike parts stash as well.

Dave

Yeah, the front looks like a lot of Western Flyers that I've seen, but I can't find anything with a frame in this shape.

what kind of marking is on the rear wheel hub cap thay look like murry caps
Did a bit more digging and you are correct on the Murray caps and this is a Murray tricycle. It's called the "Twin ZZ Frame". So the Garton seat was a replacement with the original probably being a Troxel springer style. If you do a Google image search by "Murray Z Frame" one of the first images shown is this same model tricycle from the tricyclefetish site blog.

Dave

Back