When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identifications question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1665Bbsl

On Training Wheels
Any idea of the age or brand of this tricycle. I got it years ago at a yard sale.

20201020_104245.jpg

Looking late '50s to early '60s to me. Unsure of make but do a little research paying attention to rear step plate. @ridingtoy what you say? V/r Shawn

Looking late '50s to early '60s to me. Unsure of make but do a little research paying attention to rear step plate. @ridingtoy what you say? V/r Shawn
I totally agree on the age estimate. The most distinguishing features are the step plate and metal seat style. Just the seat style alone is definitely MTD/Midwest, if it is original to the trike. Is there a clearer photo of the rear step plate without the leaves covering some details? Of course, the rear wheels are not original and the front wheel has been removed at some point (possibly replaced) as evidenced by the attachment bolt end sticking out. Normally, the bolts point in with the smoother bolt head being on the outside. Here's a couple photos of a similar Midwest trike having the identical seat and front fender/fender brace design, although being a two step model.

Dave

Midwest1.jpg

Midwest2.jpg

Last edited:
Back