When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify Early Miami frame

-

oddball

Finally riding a big boys bike
This 20" frame has 1-1/8" tubing, has never had fenders, partial D&J crank set and horizontal head badge holes.

Cliff

Better pics of bridges, serial pic, how far apart are badge holes? That head tube looks fairly short which may help. V/r Shawn

If I were just guessing I'd say Racycle but Miami had other badges with horizontal holes to include Star, Miami, and Latonia among others. I'm not sure if the hole spacing varied on these or they were all the same. If the same you may never know how it was originally badged. If thy are different you may be able to at least narrow it down. I can say for certain it was not a Flying Merkel. V/r Shawn

Are the head tube diameters oversized too?
I once had acquired a later Miami-like 20” diamond frame, (with more typical frame components), which also had the widely spaced horizontal badge holes — and a Mead bicycle head badge would fit well.
[Maybe as a temporary option].

I thought that I recently saw a right hand side (r. foot s.?) D&J crank on an online auction site (headquartered near a bay).

Last edited:

I'll check for serial #s when I return home though I'm sure that won't help much anyway, I'll sure to measure distancing between head badge holes. I'm pretty sure not FM as well.
Cliff

View attachment 1339976
I'll check for serial #s when I return home though I'm sure that won't help much anyway, I'll sure to measure distancing between head badge holes. I'm pretty sure not FM as well.
Cliff
By having head badge holes guarantees this was not a Flying Merkel (Miami built anyway). The FMs had either a decal or a bottlecap badge depending on year. @hoofhearted what ye say? V/r Shawn

Serial #52819
Head badge holes 1-15/16" apart horizontally.
Head tube 3-1/2" tall, 1-1/2" dia.

Back