When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify Murray bmx

-

Tony2015

On Training Wheels
I have a small Murray bmx that was given to me, but don’t know anything on how to identify if it’s worth anything. Numbers are MO45330 12, ser# is K8223797. Any help would be appreciated. Thx, Tony

E636D936-FD28-4CEC-9B5A-A790AF674B51.jpeg

Looks like a MX1000?

There's really nothing of value on it at all. Cheap, common steel parts. You'd be lucky to get $10 for it.

That has been through hell and back again. These kinds of bikes are worth $75-$150 in dead mint condition, so I agree with the above. $10 at most. If you are in bicycling, the bearings, head set, bottom bracket, seat post, and seat guts would be useful to salvage.

I messed up on the model name. Might be an X20. Still not worth anything.

In the early 80's, murray came out with a cheap bmx bike that was pretty much laughed at by "real" bmx'rs, but for some reason, they were equipped with Dia Compe MX 1000 caliper brakes, front and rear.

These were top of the line brakes at the time (and still go for big money today) and when I lived in Tucson in the 80's, the Murray was probably the most stolen bike.

People would snatch them up, take off the brakes, and dump the rest.

Back