When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify this frame... factory Shaw

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
the bike in the advertisement. looks like a schwinn.the fenders look like the ones in this ad.

1917_04.jpg

bicyclingworldmo00leag_0156.jpg

View attachment 700638

Last edited:
I agree with kreika the bike in the shaw ad could be anything.what shaw did was had bicycles ship to them from various manuf. and they would put their engine and tank in them.or you could order the kit and put it on your bicycle of choice.

I agree with kreika the bike in the shaw ad could be anything.what shaw did was had bicycles ship to them from various manuf. and they would put their engine and tank in them.or you could order the kit and put it on your bicycle of choice.
Fantastic responses, thank you!
I agree, however the artist was representing what at that time 1919-24 would be possibly available from the factory.
We do not plan on making a "factory" bike like some and pass it off as one, I think the fact of having this documented kit gives me the huge possibility to create something quite grand.

My goal is for the Shaw to be correct as possible, but from the point of the bike I am able to build what I like as it was a kit added to whatever the buyer had.

So now I ask what would be the fanciest, grandest or most interesting bike to use that would be 21+ frame.
I am hoping to add the front leaf spring forks, not coil, if anyone knows the makers of these as well.

The ranger frames used the internal reinforcements same as Shaw advertised for their frames.

Question is, what manufacturer was closest to Galesburg Kansas? There may lie the answer. Or it could be who won the builder bid.

Back