When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identity Crisis Please help, 1930's American Flyer Fastback

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mountain Trail Andy

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello 1930's experts. Attached are several pictures of a bicycle that I am trying to date, and pinpoint the manufacturer. As I look at the headbadge, I question if it original to that bike??? Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Please see the photo's.
Thanks in advance!

Can I take that to the bank?
Sort of, as long as one does not specify the actual start and finish dates of that one year only — calendar year(s), catalog year, year of manufacturing, or model year?
The collet design was one that was improved upon (abandoned), and perhaps some 1936 catalog bicycles were built in the year before, (and similar for 1937). Many sport motorbike models with the collet are stamped with an “X” serial number; and some later sport motorbikes without the collet are stamped with a “Y” like the example shown.

Also, take a closer look at those forks. The taper looks tight, and the triple plate crown looks to have a sheet-metal cap; post-war(?).

The head badge is likely original to the DP Harris Rollfast bike; alternate badges are consistent with the alternate (star) chain ring sprocket, and the arrow dart pattern about the head tube. Those different details on Lgrinning's bike are consistent with the "Rollfast" head badge.

Last edited:
Back