When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If Everyone Paid Retail?????

-
I have a question that I guess is in my head because I'm just a "Dumb Newbie" at this.
But I have seen Several threads lately on rear items : Red Good Year Tires, Motorbike Tank, Putter stem, HTS & Iver Johnson found in barn.

I can understand that tensions get high when a rare item comes out of the wood work and people get there hopes up that they will be the one walking away with the item. It's a rare item for a reason and people are always on the look out for these items. So who set the market on these items? If you can't go by what you have seen them sell for on Ebay or The Cabe? Which is what I would consider the open market.
I felt like I was prosecuted for saying that I had seen Motorbike tanks priced for as much as $1500-$2000. Now in the 4 years I have been Collecting bikes I have only seen a hand full of these tanks come up for sale. I was never asked how low have I seen them sell for. The lowest I have seen them sell for was probably around $800. And if the majority of rare items being sold are only amongst friends behind the scenes, How is someone like myself supposed to take those transactions into consideration?
Is there a rule here on The Cabe that if you don't have 10+ years in the hobby, Your knowledge is worthless and considered a useless?
I was informed by someone that didn't agree with what I had to say that the majority of Cabe members Didn't like my attitude.?
And wanted me gone from the Forum Completely.
Is this because I'm not as informed as other members? Or because I think like this?

The Motorbike tank wasn't even my tank. I had no dog in that race. But because I didn't have 10+ years experience in the field I have no right giving my opinion?
I understand I will probably get a lot of backlash about this but who cares? I feel it is something that needs to be said and I do have a right. It's called freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them.
The right to freedom of expression this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".
JKent

JKent ... no matter how this particular event cooks out ... I am in TOTAL agreement with YOU .... although I have no knowledge about anyone
wanting you 'off' ... if you are tellin' me this .. I believe you ... you have been a straight shooter and have never gotten up in somebody's grill and
provoked an issue just because you could.

JKent ... sometimes i cannot believe the amount of bike-stabbing i see on the forum .. it is totally unnecessary .. and in bad form.

Now ... if i go under the knife for having an opinion .. and a reader does not agree with me about that opinion .. tell me about it ...
don't behave like i attacked you personally and now you need to retaliate. I taught junior-high, public-school in Ohio .. thirty years in the
same classroom ... that was 15 years ago ... and now .. i am seeing parallel, questionable behavior that shows a lack of respect for a fellow
CABEr ... and .. sadly .. a lack of self respect for oneself.

......... patric cafaro

post script ... TERM ... "bike-stabbing" .. originated by Leon Dixon.

====================================================================================================
====================================================================================================

When someone offeres me someting cheap

I do not chop them - I just say "thank you" and hand over the cash- I had a good day- why shouldn't they? I know lot of people ALWAYS CHOP

No one needs this junk- anything above scrap is what 2 people can agree on. If it is taking food out of your kids mouth you can't afford it.

That is why I do not have kids. (one of the myriad reasons)

MAYBE there is a "retail" (or wholesale0 but I have not found it.

How about a milk and cookies thread,there is a weekly thread on what stuff ya found last week,how about a weekly thread that had us sharing 1 or more positive experiances that happened to you the orevious week,nothing todo with sales,could be as siple as pics of a great place you found to ride,or when you stopped somewhere and a non-bike oerson had a nice conversation about your bike,any ideas?

How about a milk and cookies thread,there is a weekly thread on what stuff ya found last week,how about a weekly thread that had us sharing 1 or more positive experiances that happened to you the orevious week,nothing todo with sales,could be as siple as pics of a great place you found to ride,or when you stopped somewhere and a non-bike person had a nice conversation about your bike,any ideas?

luvit, preferable to the obverse which seems unfortunately common

Get to postin!

How about a milk and cookies thread,there is a weekly thread on what stuff ya found last week,how about a weekly thread that had us sharing 1 or more positive experiances that happened to you the orevious week,nothing todo with sales,could be as siple as pics of a great place you found to ride,or when you stopped somewhere and a non-bike oerson had a nice conversation about your bike,any ideas?

break room

Back