When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If Everyone Paid Retail?????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That's what I kinda figured! Copake city.............Anyone got a Kleenex?? My eyes are watering so bad, I can't see the computer screen anymore.Ha Ha :o
On an open forums, etc. , too many collectors are able to view the item and eventually the owner is told to go to one of those high priced auctions to get that "top dollar" from those people with mucha mola $$$$$
It's only material things anyway and there's always more out there like they say!
I guess it's one way to save from overspending and keeping your money in the bank........;)
It's also nice to know that I can still become excited once in a while about certain bicycles that may come along and get me out of my "zombie" funk.
Most of bicycles usually come and go and I only end up keeping a few here and there. The ones I love the most.
Oh well.....that's the way the ball bounces.......................:cool:

Last edited:
I think you need a beer jkent.
If you go to MLC, I'll provide one and we'll chat over these things.
Chris

Bike, that also sounds like a good investment to me!! :)
At least you can see where your money goes and think of all that enjoyment that you get by looking your treasures over!

Last edited:
I say, to each his own.
Some guys only buy for the resale value, and that is their only equation in whether to buy or not.
Some guys are sitting on projects they've had for years, just waiting for that elusive part to show up.
Some guys will buy a bike no matter what it is, just to part it out to double their investment.
I tend to be the get er done type. You know, drop the A bomb and get the F out.
If you see something you like, and you know there are at least three other guys out there with the same part on their mind, then offer enough to shut out the speculators and stun the ones who might be willing to step up pretty strong.
Resale, has nothing to do with it for me. If at some point, the item becomes redundant, and somebody else really needs it for their bike, then I would just as soon give it to the guy than sell it. Of course some return must be achieved just to make it seem legit, but in the end, I'm not really concerned with getting every penny back. I've had some fun conversations, and made some good friends along the way, so in the end, it all evens out.

Retail ???????????

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS RETAIL IN THIS HOBBY, THERE CAN'T BE BY DEFINITION [retail] REQUIRES A STORE FRONT,OR ON LINE BUSINESS THERE REALLY AREN'T ANY. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN SUPPLY AND DEMAND,AND NOBODY NEEEEEDS! ANY OF THIS STUFF. PRICES HAVE ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS BE DRIVEN BY THE " WANT" NOT BY THE "NEED" SO LIKE I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR THE LAST 35 YEARS IN THIS HOBBY HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT IT

Back