When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you want your Raleigh to be truly unique........

-

morton

I live for the CABE
I seen a lot of Raleighs, but not these lights with right side mounting, so if they are common it would be news to me.

I have a front and rear Chiloride (marked made in Britain) light set from a Raleigh Athena. Had originally planned to restore this one because the graphics were petty nice but ran into problems with that unholy menace from hell, cottered cranks.

The bike is unique as it was made for the home market because the light mounts on the RIGHT side of the fork, and as we know, that would be the traffic side for the Brits. However I'm guessing it you could rig up some type of mounting for the left side if you prefer.

Lights were tested about 6 months ago and both work. Virtually no corrosion but some rust on the mounting plates that I think could be easily removed.

I still have the batteries which are good for display.

Price for the pair of lights and mountings would be $65 shipped conus.

I kept the fork including the bearings, races, etc. because it has the right side mounting section which is available for $15 plus shipping if you buy the lights. (Bike had 27" wheels)

I also have the frame, fenders, handlebars, etc. that I can throw in for free if you buy both fork and lights and pick up in person. If the buyer of the lights/fork doesn't want the frame, it's free to whoever can pick it up in person.

If you can pickup in person in south central PA (York area), price for everything above would be $60.
3a.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

6.JPG

1981 cat.jpg

rsie.jpg

Back