When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IJ rebuild.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

99 bikes

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just thought I would share some before and after photos of my recently completed project, a IJ 1919-20ish. Serial is 353437.

I found the frame and parts from a local gentleman (thanks again Dave) and over a few months managed to tear down and rebuild to the current state. All parts were in fine shape and the bearings roll buttery smooth.

Wheels are steel/wood with ND C rear. Tires are Wards Riverside "Mate", freshly glued to the rims and holding air wonderfully.

Hope you like the build, I sure do.

Cheers

IJ1.jpg

IJ-2.jpg

IJ-3.jpg

IJ-4.jpg

IJ-5.jpg

IJ-6.jpg

IJ-7.jpg

I love the black and green. I think the ND Model C did not come out until about ten years later, it probably originally had a Model A or a Morrow.

Thank you. I wasn't too specific about the work I did on the bike.

When I received the bike it had the original (stamped) stem, seatpost, crankset, etc. It had been painted green over the original black (red on the chainring). Over a few weeks I carefully removed all the green with the exception of the head tube and darts, it took quite sometime but it was worth it. I also stripe'd the darts in red, which is difficult to see in the photos, if not impossible.

The wheels, though not original, were in very nice condition. I had them professionally tensioned and trued, luckily all the butted spokes were maintained.

I would like to locate a nice set of rat traps, otherwise i'm super happy with the result.

Back