When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IJ year and history?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

anders1

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Can someone please tell me something about this new project that I found? I’m told it is 1900-10 “Lovel diamond Iver-Johnson.” I would like to confirm the year and learn something about the history. Also looking for stem, bars and saddle. Thanks guys, enjoy the ride... Anthony
A2C9F63E-B0E3-45E0-84FA-53A048D5A146.jpeg

9D85A335-FAA6-4C96-9AE4-23D21F7F933D.jpeg

6BA72E6E-0B17-46A6-BDFD-74E6EF7E3335.jpeg

6CEE0EDB-CB48-49EA-B097-DEDB04D311B1.jpeg

Yeah, I assume L-D changes followed I-J's, so that's definitely much later than 1910. Around 1913, the crank nut switched to the non drive side and the serial didn't move to the seat tube until later (~1915?, I'm not sure). My Iver is 195xxx and is about 1912. Don't know if the L-D had their own serial numbers or were sequenced within the same line as the I-J, but even in the former case, I doubt they would have built well more than double the number of L-Ds.

You sound a little discouraged by the later year, but don't be (unless you paid more based on it being earlier)—that's going to make a beautiful bike and these ride really nice. Great find, especially being the tall frame!

As for parts, a standard 1" threaded stem fits my Iver and some of the Brooks saddles were contemporary to the bike, so you can build a rider pretty affordably as you hunt for the original parts. Front hub is a probably a 90mm, which will be a little annoying as 100 has been the standard for so long, but you can likely find a New Departure Model W for real cheap on ebay (I got a pair in good condition for $20) to get you going.

It is a ij wright? Thanks for the information. I did buy because I thought it was a 10 or earlier but I’m still very happy with the bike. Thanks a lot buddy, enjoy the ride... Anthony

Back