When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm baffled! Ughhh part 1

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don't know the answer. Iv'e never seen one break before therfore never had to replace one. I do have several loose ones. If you give me the dimentions of the broken one I could try and find a matching one for you.
You the man! :)

image.jpg
Here's the size difference in the cups.

I looked through some of my Westfield crank hardware but everything interchanged with non Westfield stuff.

I looked through some of my Westfield crank hardware but everything interchanged with non Westfield stuff.
The cups on my bike are a bit smaller than every other cups I have. I believe that has something to do with the problem. Regular cups won't even come close to fitting the crank housing. I'm guessing the junior roadster was just a little different than the others. Why I have no idea. :/

The set up you bought looks like a 1940s-era set up for a lightweight Westfield.

I had to replace the bottom bracket from a 1940s-era ballooner Columbia a long time back. I found the same thing you did - subtle differences in bottom bracket parts that took place over time and make it so that stuff you buy online does not fit. Online it will look the same, but then you get it and it does not fit. I also had this issue with a Manton & Smith bottom bracket several years ago. It's just a symptom of trying to by very old, precision manufactured goods on eBay and similar places. You just buy based on the picture and basic description and hope it fits. Part of the landscape of working on these bikes, I guess.

The set up you bought looks like a 1940s-era set up for a lightweight Westfield.

I had to replace the bottom bracket from a 1940s-era ballooner Columbia a long time back. I found the same thing you did - subtle differences in bottom bracket parts that took place over time and make it so that stuff you buy online does not fit. Online it will look the same, but then you get it and it does not fit. I also had this issue with a Manton & Smith bottom bracket several years ago. It's just a symptom of trying to by very old, precision manufactured goods on eBay and similar places. You just buy based on the picture and basic description and hope it fits. Part of the landscape of working on these bikes, I guess.
Yea this bike has been a huge pain in my A$$. Not only the bottom bracket but my tires were a bit to big so I picked up another set of tires and they don't fit my wheels. Which how I have no idea. My wheels are 25" you would think any 700c tire would fit. Not the case here. Lmao.

I should have been riding this bike today!
IMG_4672.JPG
IMG_4673.JPG

I just looked through my bearing stuff. I have some of the bearing cones for the other side that size but none on the ones that hold the sprocket to the crank. Sorry.

Back