When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm curious!

-
I've changed over the years and so does everything else. I've had classic cars and it got to the point that every nick and scratch can ruin the day. No more. I like to ride my bikes and they're going to take a beating. Sooner or later everything gets wrecked and needs to be refurbished. I never liked when guys bought a nice 30's car from some old timer that kept it nice from day one, and chopped it up for a street rod, but once someone else owns it, it's theirs to do what they want. Nobody is going to preserve me or anyone I care about or love. The old bikes will be here after we're gone. The way things are going, that's the least of my worries.

This is a complex question that cant be answered in one word. Many factors come into play when trying to decide what to do with a bike. First you have to know old bikes.Just because a bike is old does not make it collectable.Some old crusty originals have to be left as is. Know about the bike before you decide to "restore/ruin" it.

I agree with Vince. It took him 66 words to answer your question.

We've beat this subject to death a number of times here. Just do some searches and you'll see how people feel about it. V/ Shawn
I apologize! It never dawned on me that it would have come up so much in bicycle discussion. I'll blame my faux pas on pain and my age. LOL I'll search the CABE and do some reading. I have plenty of friends that are into old cars and that can be a polarizing subject. I was curious about the bicycle community. Although I've been riding since the early 1960s and really like bicycles (especially old bicycles), I've never associated myself with a "bicycle" group, organization or site.

It never hurts to bring up the subject again. Older members can weigh in on the subject or not. It's a current topic for you and maybe some new members too. That's a big part what keeps this site going. Your question goes deeper than "What's my bike worth?" that gets posted by new members who are never heard from again once they have their question answered. Welcome!

It never hurts to bring up the subject again. Older members can weigh in on the subject or not. It's a current topic for you and maybe some new members too. That's a big part what keeps this site going. Your question goes deeper than "What's my bike worth?" that gets posted by new members who are never heard from again once they have their question answered. Welcome!
Is that how the Cabe got stuck with you ? Weren't you suppose to leave after one comment.

Back