When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm curious!

-
There is nothing wrong with asking this question again.
There are a lot of new collectors/enthusiasts finding the CABE now and it doesn't hurt to rehash things.
I like original and restored bikes.
In this hobby, take what you can find, buy what you like, do with it like you want, and just have fun
Also, we need a thumbs up and especially a thumbs down feature for our discussions.

@redclayhd I say build'em all the way you want !!! I have seen some crusty ass bikes that barely have a dime size of paint that are drooled over, some are cool, some not my fancy, and some I would jus' customize or rat rod build. I own nothing expensive or I couldn't enjoy it and my bikes are all $150 or less common run of the mill. I own a $600+ 2004 Nirve Switchblade chopper which was my Holy Grail

It never hurts to bring up the subject again. Older members can weigh in on the subject or not. It's a current topic for you and maybe some new members too. That's a big part what keeps this site going. Your question goes deeper than "What's my bike worth?" that gets posted by new members who are never heard from again once they have their question answered. Welcome!
As far as value or worth, I really don't give a fat rat's rearend what my bikes are worth. $$ is not why I like and mess with bikes - or with my other hobbies for that matter. I'd lose money trying to sell ice water in the desert. LOL I like old machinery and mechanical equipment - both motorized and un-motorized. I don't like and buy stuff for an investment. I buy it or own it because I like it. I have many interests! If i disappear from here, I'm not gone for good, unless I'm dead. I'm probably working on minibikes or cars or guns or Harleys or plastic car models or model railroads (HO and N gauge) or ... my list goes on. I'll circle back around to bicycles. Right now I'm in the middle of a minibike rebuild, a .300 Blackout AR15 build and of course, my bicycle stuff. I have to say, I am really loving looking at the pictures of everyone's bikes!

There are the bikes that are in unmolested original as found condition with all their parts. I just like to clean them up, service them, new tubes and tires, and ride away. Then there’s the project bikes. A tank and a frame or whatever parts you find. That’s where I like to do whatever I feel it needs. If it looks like I could bring it back to some original semblance I’ll try and seek out the parts. If not I’ll have fun and do whatever the “F” I want. There just bikes so don’t get your feathers ruffled or your panties in a bunch. Have Fun and ride the darn things!

Swaps and shows are fun. I was really into the hobby 10 years ago.

Found other interests and Sold everything.

Just getting back in.

I apologize! ........I've never associated myself with a "bicycle" group, organization or site.
Well you are labeled now
20200530_124636.jpg

Back