When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm going to need the Silverking expert on this one

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow

Fantastic find Scott,

Super complete... ++++++ First year, open lug, aluminum fenders? Not many of those around for 24", Delta complete with battery housing. Correct everything with a nice little basket to boot.

Can you post the serial # I have the same model but mine must be a late '35 because the lugs are closed but has the same head badge. The 36 had the winged "H" head badge. Serial # on mine is 14379 located on left rear drop out.

My polishing pad is drooling in my garage right now btw.

Does anyone have the 35 Wards catalog to show this model?

I'm a bit too big for it so I may not really keep it

Silver Kings have an amazingly long wheel base. Try raising the seat post and flipping the stem to face the rear wheel...you'll be surprise at how comfortable the ride can be. I have three of them and there are no problems for my 6'2" 220 lb frame.

this will be my first aluminum bike, I've never rode one of these before. I can't wait to get it here and get that basket off and clean it up a bit.
no polishing I think, just a good cleaning and maybe a little finger driven straightening on the fenders and braces and such.

Don't polish it Scott... no need for it to look like a Sapporo can...they look fantastic a little crusty.
If you don't end up keeping it, I would be interested in purchase, so please keep me in mind.
So tough to find these unmodified.
Chris

will do Chris, If someone doesn't talk me out of it soon I'm going to get attached to it. especially if it turns out I can ride it:rolleyes:
Love the Avatar btw:cool:

I felt the same way about mine but was surprised to find that it was at least as comfortable to ride as my Huffman and Elgin bikes...didn't really notice the 24" rims and stuff. Try the super fine steel wool and WD40 scrubdown to clean the crust off...will look as good as new. Are the fenders aluminum too? The one Frank has came with stainless rain gutter fenders and mine (2 years later) came with the more traditional stainless curved fenders...

Silverking

If you decide to part with your silverking, let me know. I would love to restore it to its former glory!

Back