When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm going to need the Silverking expert on this one

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There was a 1st year ladies model at Ann Arbor this year that owner was asking for $300 I believe.

Definitely not as complete as your Wards badged bike but same year with the open lugs. Wrong fenders, rims, saddle, chain guard, bars & stem.

When you get your Wards broken down can you check to see if the fender washer is punched with any identifying marks. If those are aluminum fenders, that would be +++++ rare.

Chris

Thanks Chris,
at first I bought this thinking I could make a bit by selling it, but then I thought it's so cool maybe I'd keep it, then I thought I'd sell it and now I'm not sure.
it's due to arrive on Monday, I can't wait to see it. I'm pretty sure it has aluminum fenders.

... then I thought I'd sell it and now I'm not sure.

Scoot that seat up, get some air in the tires, loose the rack and ride. That long wheel base is pretty smooth and comfy. Lighter too. :)

Should be an easy decision after you ride it. Either way it was lost and now is found... saved... preserved and that is the most important part, I think.

But as far as polishing it or not. One thing to realize is that if you "just" use 0000 steel wool, you are essentially polishing it. Aluminum is pretty soft stuff, softer than baked enamel. If you want to clean it, use a good degreaser and a rag. I would actually suggest using an old wool sock to hand polish. This would not remove any of the character/scratches but is about the same as using super fine steel wool on paint.

for the most part I had thought of using a kitchen type degreaser like Formula 409 and a toothbrush. to get the gunk off. it doesn't look like it has too much corrosion on it.
mainly I want to get it mechanically up to snuff and then like you say ride it at least once. I'm 6'1" and weigh a conservative 210lbs, I would be heartbroken if I went over a bump and the thing collapsed. I'd feel like Rosie O'Donnell on a lawn chair!:rolleyes:

I saw this one on ebay and it was all i could do to not hit the BIN button....Nice complete bike at a very fair price....Great score, Congrats!

I got a box tonight, but it's only 10:00pm and it's already 37 degrees here, so I might not go out and start looking it over until tomorrow.
I did take it out of the box and can say the rear fender is a bit beat up but the fenders are definitely aluminum, and the truss rods are steel. the frame is not cracked or broken anywhere. basically it looks pretty good.
if all goes well I will post photos tomorrow of the bike a bit cleaner and in more detail.
'til then...

Nice 35!!! I have one identical to that, as well as a matching ladies for my girlfriend. I bit the bullet and polished it being very careful not to remove much of anything at all.

Im 6'3" and have no problem riding my bike. Although it has been awhile, and i havent assemebled it since it was polished. I picked up my girls bike for next to nothing, it came with the correct fenders as well as a girls tool box seat.

Give it a ride, its actually quite a comfy bike. the 24's scared me at first, but when you take a close look at the frame, its actually huge. Ill post pics of mine here in the next few days.

This is the first and only one i have seen that has all the same components as mine (drilled chain guard, sweetheart, fork and truss bars - i think after this, they went with a curved shoulder fork and aluminum truss bars)

You've made me want to work on mine!

very cool, it was nice seeing you at the swap! does yours have the aluminum fenders? I'm trying to gauge how unusual they are.
I got the bike yesterday but just got it out and cleaned it up a little bit. I didn't want to go too crazy so don't expect too much. I'm guessing the kid who owned it was named Jesse Chase! the tires hold air! this has to be the greasiest bike I have ever received! anyway here are the photos.
vbulletin

IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3978.JPG

IMG_3980.JPG

IMG_3982.JPG

Last edited:
Back