When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm in favour of dumpster diving..

-

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
So our shop shares a dumpster area with a restaurant or two and sometimes I come across goodies. Today, a prefect Oxicilix Acid parts cleaner bucket.
20190603_163919.jpg

20190603_163934.jpg

20190603_164001.jpg

Just the right size to take a complete rusty saddle. And a screen thingy to keep the small parts from sinking to the bottom.
20190603_163919.jpg

20190603_163934.jpg

20190603_164001.jpg

That's cool. I'd drill a little hole in the middle of the screen and put a short piece of threaded rod in there, little handle to pull the screen out.

I knew a guy who was living in a garage several years back who basically lived on a shoestring and a prayer. One day i invited him to go to a bicycle club meeting with me as he was an avid rider.

When i picked up Tom, he had a plate of submarine sandwich sections to take to the meeting. I told Tom that that was nice of him but he didnt need to spend his limited resouces on that. He replied "thats ok, i got them in the dumpster at the Lucky Dollar and they only expired yesterday".

As far as i know, no one got sick..

My grandpa was a D-Day WWII vet who retired as an electrician in1978. Around that time he would go to Safeway and pick the day old stuff from the dumpster and come home and Eat like a King. I always admired him, he owned his home and cars outright and had a good savings, but he was happy to save a dollar by eating for free! I guess being around during the depression had an impact on people’s lives, people are too soft today.

Last edited:
Back