When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm in favour of dumpster diving..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So our shop shares a dumpster area with a restaurant or two and sometimes I come across goodies. Today, a prefect Oxicilix Acid parts cleaner bucket.View attachment 1009510

View attachment 1009511

View attachment 1009512

Just the right size to take a complete rusty saddle. And a screen thingy to keep the small parts from sinking to the bottom.View attachment 1009510

View attachment 1009511

View attachment 1009512
Find me one
Found this '85 RockHopper next to a metal recycling dumpster last Saturday at the recycling center. Most of the parts were toast but the frame and fork are in nice condition. I thought it was gray when I first saw it but realized that under the thick layer of dust and grime was really nice dark blue metallic paint. Tons of braze-ons and lots of tire clearance. Could be a super fun touring or bikepacking rig.
View attachment 1013847
Some of my best bike projects came from my local recycling center. Ya can't beat free!!
PLEASE!!!

No pic but 10 or so years ago,I found a 70's J C Penny touring bike, in perfect condition,with a rear disk brake in a dumpster in a driveway. Same kinda story,bike was bought for someone in their 50's for exercise,it was never used, the guy died and the family just wanted to clean out the place. I gave it to a neighborhood kid.
Good for you.

this rod brake Raleigh was actually thrown into a dumpster along with the paperwork.An old man died and the family cleaned out the garage......
View attachment 1012947

View attachment 1012946
Man o' man!! What some people toss in dumpsters is unreal!! I would like to borrow your horse shoe when you found this GEM!!! I found a pre-war hiawatha girls bike at a recycling center and was only missing one of the truss rods. Best find yet. To bad they don't let you do this any more for stupid insurance reasons. Enjoy your new treasure. Razin.

I'll keep an eye out. I'm a pack rat from WAY back. I never toss anything out. Only problem is, when I need something it's under all the other stuff and then sometimes I end up buying stuff I already have cuz I can't FIND it....
That my friend is the joys of "PACK RATTING" Save it. Don't toss it is my motto.

I knew a guy who was living in a garage several years back who basically lived on a shoestring and a prayer. One day i invited him to go to a bicycle club meeting with me as he was an avid rider.

When i picked up Tom, he had a plate of submarine sandwich sections to take to the meeting. I told Tom that that was nice of him but he didnt need to spend his limited resouces on that. He replied "thats ok, i got them in the dumpster at the Lucky Dollar and they only expired yesterday".

As far as i know, no one got sick..
That sounds like me in my young and dumber "didn't have a dime to spare" days when i was living on a shoe string and a prayer. Been their, done that.

Potato chip manufacturer just outside of Pittsburgh. Have dived that place with a friend I met while touring for well over 15 years now. When you're crammed in a van with several other people for what can be anywhere from a short two weeks to three months, a free endless supply of potato chips at 3 am in the morning can be VERY much appreciated. Coincidentally, PBGH is one of my top three cities to be in. :]

Back