When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm in favour of dumpster diving..

-
I;m still using parts I pulled out of the Peloton bike shop dumpster in Northampton, MA back in the 1980's. Those guys threw EVERYTHING away.

Went dumpster diving today at the local dump "media" bin..All the discs are like new :D I couldnt reach about 25+ more..:rage:
20190710_132904.jpg

20190710_150954.jpg

Last edited:
Mike Fallon got a 1889 Victor Spring fork , before it went in the dumpster , it sold for over 10,000, my best so far was a book thrown away while I worked at the schwinn museum , I sold it for 4,250.00, there is a lot that gets tossed , remember a few years ago when Albert Schauffs stuff was thrown out , it was close to a million dollars in the dumpster

Mike Fallon got a 1889 Victor Spring fork , before it went in the dumpster , it sold for over 10,000, my best so far was a book thrown away while I worked at the schwinn museum , I sold it for 4,250.00, there is a lot that gets tossed , remember a few years ago when Albert Schauffs stuff was thrown out , it was close to a million dollars in the dumpster
Man that's way cool what you can find in dumpsters. Wish i could get that lucky. Great score. Razin. P>S> Who was Albert Schauff?

Albert was one of the 1st transportation collectors , in the 18 80s he collected , photos and catalogs of everything made , in the car Era, while he was alive , he collected all the same items, his stuff was thrown out by his ancestors , and a homeless man discovered them in a dumpster , it was the most extensive collection ever seen or heard of! The homeless guy , sold a few items ,and got set up in an apartment and got on ebay . The homeless man said all he could get was 5 trunks full back to his camp , he did not realize what he had discovered

Wow!! What an amazing cache!! This stuff could be priceless!! Hope his good fortune did not get squandered away. Some people have all the luck. ME? Just bad luck. Thanks for that interesting tid bit of information. Razin.

in the 80s i knew a kid that lived by a Sony warehouse and that kid dumpster dived and found all sorts of cool gadgets in working order. Ive been a fan of rescuing stuff from anywhere ever since. Youd be amazed how much gets left behind after fleamarkets as a matter of fact when the sea gulls come so too does a wave of scavengers after the flea is near closing. We are surrounded by abundance of stuff in the states...... no reason to starve out here happy digging yall.. just double scrub or glove up afterwards

p.s. i got my start fixing bicycles when i was about 12 from a bicycle dump in some kids back yard in the neighborhood i grew up in. I had access to tools from my dads toolbox so i had fun taking stuff apart and building up riders.

Back