When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm in favour of dumpster diving..

-
Iv'e been doing the same thing since the 60's. We had a bunch of bikes and parts my dad would bring home for me and my brothers. And we would go out on garbage nites and pick up curb bikes all the time. The cheapest way i know of to get into this hobby. I just picked up two nice Peugeot road bikes and three fuji mountain bikes. All for nothing. Almost got a schwinn classic 26" mens bike too , but the wife put a hold on that one. I'll have to make an offer on that one to get it. FREEBIES RULE!! Ride on. Razin.

I used to do this as a teen kid with the local New Bern, NC dump but nowadays they won't let you have anything once in the dumpsters :mad:. I used to jus' wait for bikes & parts come through to build klunkers. Gave some away to kids who didn't have bikes. Remembered taking 2 girls bikes with a buddy to give to these 2 little hispanic girls that I went to school with ; the oldest sister was cute & she was so surprised but her momma wasn't too fond lookin' of me :tearsofjoy:. Hoodlum kid in the city :smirk:. People tend to throw the best usable stuff away and then some idiots want fortunes for stuff that if you're creative could be repurposed better.

Back