When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm Looking For Information About "The Monkees" Unicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kostnerave

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm looking for information about the unicycles featured on The Monkees T.V. show. I'm posting the inquiry here because it seems to fit the Sting-ray/ Musclebike genre, and it's custom culture related. My internet searches have provided a few still shots of The Monkees riding them around and doing tricks on them, but that is the extent of it. From what I can see, the unicycles are very well made, with what appears to be an American Racing mag wheel cut down and fitted with a special hub and crank arms. Tubular framework comes off of the hub and angles back to hold a padded saddle, complete with racing stripes. More framework angles downward, toward the back of the mag wheel, to form some sort of wheelie bar with two heavy rubber caster wheels. The four machines appear to be painted different candy colors. My questons are first, who made these? Dean Jeffries, perhaps, or some other custom firm? Second, did any of them survive and if so, where are they? It would be great to see some detailed photos of their construction. I can't believe that something so omnipresent on the show, and something so iconic hasn't turned up somewhere. These unicycles were a part of 60's pop culture history and to me, just as important as the Eddie Munster chain link Sting-ray. If anyone has any information, please share. Thanks!

1643528419717.png
1643528459502.png

Back