When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm new and looking for a Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dgoldman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi All,

I'm new to this site and hoping for a few suggestions. When I was 12 for my birthday my parents took me to the Schwinn store to get a bike. I picked out a Apple karate non 5 speed. I loved that bike and wished I still Had it. Money didn't come easy for my
parents but that was a day I'll never forget. Have always loved the vintage prewar bikes but don't know that much about them. My dad is 90 years old and had a Schwinn with a tank but he doesn't remember the name. I'm guessing his bike was around a 1936-1938. I would love to get something in that time frame. A complete bike is what I am looking for not restored. I am very mechanical so dismantling and cleaning up is no problem. I am looking for recomendations on what to look for without breaking the bank. Maybe that's not possible? I don't know. I just know that I would like to get into this and get some good advise on where to look and buy. I want to surprise my dad and show him. I live in south Orange County calif. I appreciate any suggestions or help!

Thanks!
Dgoldman

Welcome to the CABE!
36-38 Schwinn's are some of the most costly, but good luck with your search!

A basic, original paint Motobike with a tank is probably at least $3k. Of course if it had all the bells and whistles then you are into $10k territory.

This bike was listed here on the CABE for $3300 in May of 2014 and did sell

38 motorbike.jpg

This is my '38 cantilever Autocycle Deluxe

1canti.JPG

Can you give me some suggestions on what models from low to high and what I can expect to pay? Thanks
best to use our search engine... for topic just use 1936, 1937, 1938 Schwinn (one at a time) and thread type: Trade/Sell You should pull up all kinds of stuff

Here is my 1937 I picked it up from a Cabe member about a month ago. I feel like I got a very fair deal on the bike. They are out there, It may not fall in your lap right off the bat but if your patient you can get a pretty decent bike at a fair price.

IMG_20161102_185047138.jpg

Here is my 1937 I picked it up from a Cabe member about a month ago. I feel like I got a very fair deal on the bike. They are out there, It may not fall in your lap right off the bat but if your patient you can get a pretty decent bike at a fair price.

View attachment 396242

If you don't mind me asking, what's a ballpark number for a bike like that?

Thanks!

Back