I'm new to BMX

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Greetings fellow BMXers-
I just got this BMX bike and I'm looking forward to my first outing. I would like some advice on what type of uniform I should be wearing for protection against injury. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
00C0C_b5At7OANjy4_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

vincev

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
I think this is still appropriate. I found your sixth grade picture when you tried out for the BMX team......
catholic.jpg

Reactions: juanitasmith13

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Ha ha, very funny everyone. Thanks for all your "help". I guess you can't tell when I'm being serious and when I'm not!

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
Ha ha, very funny everyone. Thanks for all your "help". I guess you can't tell when I'm being serious and when I'm not!
You're right Boris and I apologize for making fun of a thread that was posted so you could get info on BMX needs.I do know riders used to wear breast plates when doing motocross to prevent chest injuries.Here is a picture of a breast plate you should obtain when you compete.
bra.jpg

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
I don't believe I've ever seen any type of horn used when people are BMXing. Why not? I think it would be a good idea to let other BMXers know that you're behind them and would like to pass. Also, do they make any 10 speed BMX's with skinny tires?

OldSkipTooth

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 6, 2015
Sebastopol, United States
I don't believe I've ever seen any type of horn used when people are BMXing. Why not? I think it would be a good idea to let other BMXers know that you're behind them and would like to pass. Also, do they make any 10 speed BMX's with skinny tires?
Yes, they make a ten speed BMX bike with skinny tires, it’s called a cyclo cross bike, a very muddy winter bike sport, loads of fun!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Yes, they make a ten speed BMX bike with skinny tires, it’s called a cyclo cross bike, a very muddy winter bike sport, loads of fun!
Sure they do. Say, I wasn't born yesterday y'know!

OldSkipTooth

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 6, 2015
Sebastopol, United States
They use only a single chainring in the front nowadays so the chain doesn’t fall off all the time...LOL, and 11 cogs in the rear these days! Unreal gearing.
4D2AF9E2-411B-400E-A80B-327C1785A6DD.jpeg

Reactions: fordmike65

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
All very interesting to be sure, but you still haven't addressed the issue of which would be the coolest horn to use.

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
I do like the small wheels and frames of BMX bikes.They make short people look taller when riding them.

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
Here ya go Boris ! Ready to ride !! I told ya small frames make ya look bigger !....Ready for that first jump ?...

boris24.jpg

This ad goes away when you register for an account!