When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm not in favor of rat bikes!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You know, the more I look at bikes on Facebook, the more I’m starting to agree. That being said, there’s just as many butchered restorations

They say there's a buyer for anything, and it turned out I was the buyer of this mangled 1950 Snyder-built Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne frame. I've had multiple people tell me I bought a piece of junk, but that just made me determined to resurrect this bike and make it rideable again using a variety of equally mangled parts. View attachment 1287464

View attachment 1287463

View attachment 1287462

I managed to finish it just in time for the 15th annual Rat Rod Bikes.com Build Off. Not bad for a "dumpster bike."
View attachment 1287465

View attachment 1287466

View attachment 1287467View attachment 1287468
I have a similar condition "rescue" I'm working on. Being a girls model, it's only "redeeming" value was/were the gothic fenders that were in only okay shape.
I've got an idea for her but I'm in idle mode until spring when I can paint again.
Oh yeah, Nice job BFTD

Back