When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm not in favor of rat bikes!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

From this...
1194301-1263e1feebdbad39c9628924ce378ea5.jpg

to this.
1194302-9c8e739e4312badaa9ce721f8f0959ae.jpg

I call it a clunker.
Oh, and it's a SHINY black frame.

And I do agree with [B]bobcycles[/B] about preserving when possible, and with the others who rightfully mention the cost of restoring. But, the real idea is to ride them, and having a bike sitting around waiting for a restoration that might never happen is a waste unless it's a very special model. Most customized bikes can ultimately be restored anyway since most have bolted on parts which can be unbolted just as easily.

Don't like to see
sporterized vintage firearms either, but in those cases the possibly nicely marked stocks are ruined forever.

1) bare frame.JPG

IMG_1820.jpg

They say there's a buyer for anything, and it turned out I was the buyer of this mangled 1950 Snyder-built Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne frame. I've had multiple people tell me I bought a piece of junk, but that just made me determined to resurrect this bike and make it rideable again using a variety of equally mangled parts.

I managed to finish it just in time for the 15th annual Rat Rod Bikes.com Build Off. Not bad for a "dumpster bike."

I built a rat bike over the summer/fall this year. Used up a Murray frame I had sitting in the basement and a bunch of other parts I had laying about. Rear end is Canadian made CCM Galaxie, main frame is American made Murray Buzz bike and fork is Japanese made Cobra. Everything else is kinda whatever I had. Named it Misfit.

I rather enjoy Rat bikes as no 2 are the same...each one is uniquely different.

P_20201008_164059.jpg

P_20201008_164107.jpg

Back