When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm not in favor of rat bikes!

-
Sorry FISH...That ain't No rat.
That is a custom built frame with old parts bolted to it. I ain't blind, I see the fresh welder burns, and know enough to know what I am looking at.
She is a nice one though!

Who ever said that a Rat has to be an old frame? :D

20180331_165358.jpg

Who ever said that a Rat has to be an old frame? :D

View attachment 819167
Lmmfao, pretty much anyone into the Street Rod and American Muscle Classics Scene or at least has a functional understanding of what Makes a RAT exactly that

Silly trendies tend to get on my nerves...... nothing personal.:dizzy:
As Badass nice as it is....Your bike is just a one off custom no closer to being a RAT bike than a rusty washer is to being a quarter JMHO:sleeping:

Lmmfao, pretty much anyone into the Street Rod and American Muscle Classics Scene or at least has a functional understanding of what Makes a RAT exactly that

As Badass nice as it is....Your bike is just a one off custom no closer to being a RAT bike than a rusty washer is to being a quarter JMHO:sleeping:

I'm not even quite sure what you're saying, but I'm vaguely offended and beginning to understand why discussing the definition of a Rat Rod Bike, is not allowed.on the RRB forum.

:D:DFunny man, no sweat off of my back. I've been enjoying bikes on ratrodbikes for almost 8 years, so I don't think I fall under the category of a "silly trendy". I don't even necessarily try to make a bike ratty or otherwise. I just have fun building cool bikes. That is actually the main point of building bikes out of old or unusual parts over there. Just to have fun and not to worry about how any "experts" judge the applicability of any label to your build.
My one and only take away is one of your earlier quotes "As the saying goes opinions are like....... everyone has one" :eek:

Am I missing something here? Where's some photos of your "many" creations? I don't see too many posted here. What does Kingfish have to do to make his bike right in your eyes, paint it all flat black? Or maybe take all the paint off, and leave it bare?
So you give a compliment, then in the next line bash his creation....sad.

My friend, Mike Alexander....Custom King

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? Where's some photos of your "many" creations? I don't see too many posted here. What does Kingfish have to do to make his bike right in your eyes, paint it all flat black? Or maybe take all the paint off, and leave it bare?
So you give a compliment, then in the next line bash his creation....sad.

Tssk tssk, not bashing at all.
I don't much care for labels, but if one must label at least do so accurately. FYI, Flat or Bare finish hardly makes a Rat.
I am quite impressed by the bike in general.
Cleaely there is much thought, time, skills, and effort into such a unique frame that carries the grace of an old cantilever style in its curves, but the brashness and brutality of being able to run FAT Tires .... It is a custom not a Rat.
NUFF Said;)

No worries at all RLS. We are simply talking about a difference of OPINIONS. Anyone that builds a RAT bike or a CUSTOM or a CUSTOM RAT or any other flavor of fun bike, doesn't do so for approval or validation based on your "definition" i.e. "OPINION" of those terms.
Ride On!
Rat On!
NUFF SAID ;)

Back