When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm not in favor of rat bikes!

-
I've rubbed out a few in the past with a 22cal birdshot-ammo rifle that were problematic.

i have them all from original paint bikes too old repaints too frankenbikes, I buy franken bikes because you get a really good parts pile going for restores at a cheap price. I rescue all kinds of bikes from dumps and barns and fields but they have too have been a quality bike too start with. Lately it was an early fisher mtn from Dunsmuir ca dump and a Lotus Prestige road bike from san rafeal dump. I purchased a Shelby shock ease frame and fork from a friend that already had been stripped and primered. Does this mean these orphans do not have value? Certainly not! It is fine if you only want too do TOC to thirties beauties. They are not the only ones with value or quality and that leaves the rest of the harder too obtain gold too find for the rest of us. It takes skill time and money too take the longer trail BUT that is when every bike you have has a story too go with it!! The rule for rats is it can look like heck but has too work!! good luck!

2,483 days, that's about 7 years .
i love rat bikes or whatever you wish to call them. These bike frames hanging up are all future rats.
IMG_2549.JPG

I have everything to put them together. Most will have springer forks on them. Hanging up is a 30's Schwinn, 30's Colson,and two 50's J.C. Higgins and a Columbia. I have three more future rats in the basement. Another Colson and a Roadmaster
IMG_2547.JPG

The Evans-Colson will become a Rat too.
IMG_2548.JPG

Something to look forward to on those cold winter days.

The thing is that mazdaflyer has actually influenced more than one bike around HERE, they inspired my Rollfast Rosa, and are an innovative designer. Oldfart36 is another influence to me, there are quite a few of you I look to for some cues.

Your idea of RAT is someone else's teacher.

They I'm sure probably got ther influence from RatRodbikes.com , I can remember when they joined the forum , you should check it out !

They I'm sure probably got ther influence from RatRodbikes.com , I can remember when they joined the forum , you should check it out !
My influence actually came first from the ICT Coasters Bicycle Club Art of the Bicycle Show and Midwest Bike Fest, then the CABE and RatRodBikes.Com.
A wealth of information at both web forums.

Just checked out Ratrodbikes.com. A lot of way out custom built to "rat" bikes as well. Very cool site.
2491 days - 6 years / 9 months / 26 days

Back