When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm ready to send a straightbar tank for repair...but wait a minute!?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I've been looking at it and trying to fit it on my ~1954 Hornet...I have a problem.

There is this tab sticking out at the back...

that doesn't work at all.

Do I have a tank for a twin straightbar frame???

Strikes me as odd. It's boxed too and ready to go for repairs. I don't have a picture right off the bat...can someone fill me in?

Here's the twin bar style. 0830182113.jpg

0830182114.jpg

0830182114a.jpg

0830182114b.jpg

0830182114c~2.jpg

OH. DEAR.

Well, at the risk of blaschwinny...will it work if the tab is removed, or should I get it cleaned up and fixed and work out a trade?

And bicyclebones did try to warn me.

Man, I think it's more than just the tab...the entire twin bar profile is reflected on the bottom of that tank...and not to put too fine a point on it, but even on the correct bike that tank is a bitch to put back on correctly!!!

Why don't you just sell it as is and get the one you need ,let who ever buys it worry about restoring it,it didn't crash in value just because you bought it, like the stuff I buy , or with the price of tanks you could just buy a bike to fit it :)

Shoot ; if it can be repaired it can be modified. I saw a beat up tank on the bay. It kinda looks like it has that tab to o. I'm gonna take a look at the tank on my 48. I had to buy the whole bike to score that tank.At least other people can learn by the mistake

Back