When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm selling: now what?

-

Wingslover

Look Ma, No Hands!
Some backstory: wrenching since I was w kid but never really overhauled and restored something until a few years ago. The first real project is now on the block. Not an ideal keeper: frame too small for my size, too heavy to ride a distance, and I could use the space.

At the same time I kind of have an emotional connection: learned a lot, she's pretty, and I'm rather proud. Still, it's time- a good home, more use than I can provide and more joy to instill elsewhere.

Any similar stories out there of your first restorations leaving the nest?

Sorry about the radio silence.

It's a local sale (Chicago). I'm just thinking melancholy and wondered if anyone else has. Even though it's the first real rebuild, I'm more in need of bikes as transportation and fitness than this particular model can offer (and if it goes that'll leave a little more room for a +1).

20210418_163122.jpg

Hard to let them go I don't have a lot of space and right now not a lot of cash so some have to go
but the ones that are going aren't being ridden a lot or are too small .
That will free up cash to work on others or something I have been looking for might pop up that I want to buy .
Some are just not for sale but that could change too.
The second one I ever built up I now regret selling was so cool and a great riding bike .

And like ricobike says that bike doesn't look short to me you must have some long legs .

Give it to someone who can't afford a car/car insurance. Maybe someone who you know has had a tough past year with the pandemic. Put a smile on someone's face that hasn't gotten the chance to smile in a long time. That memory will outlast the memories of cleaning and greasing the bike.

Back