When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm thinking of getting a Planes and Trains tattoo of the badge on my leg...what do you guys think?....cheezy or cool?...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm thinking of getting a Planes and Trains tattoo of the badge on my leg...what do you guys think?....cheezy or cool?...
See my comment below. I think the theme is cool, but get a T-shirt, ditch the idea of ink. Do you show leg often? Buy a case of your favourite beverage and enjoy. No permanent mark. Maybe get a CABE tattoo on your fingers ( again, I'm just being silly) C. A. B. E. and leave the thumb alone. You will promote the club and be a class act no matter where you go.

Here's my $.02. I think tattoo's are an extension of your personality, who you are. This is good and bad. Lotta guys jumped on the trend and got meaningless art, that reflects nothing about them. I've got tat's on both arms. Love them and can't imagine seeing myself in the mirror without them. Wife has a couple and same thing. Both got them twenty five years or so ago, so affection is lasting. Thing is if you do it, make sure it's expressing who you are, not just a temporary fad. In other words don't get Bon Jovi tattooed on your back or you might regret it, although the Rolling Stones would be ok Lol. I am also not a fan of leg tat's on men. I think upper torso is a better choice for a man, but that's me, not you. Now go with what you feel.

Think it over for awhile. If the idea doesn’t go away, go for it. Nobody can decide but you. I have many tattoos and most are of logos of things I totally love. I don’t have a single regret. They are a timeline in my life. I know where I was in life and literally when I got each one and they all have a a story. Make sure whoever does it, does good, clean work. It really sucks when details are off when you have a hard reference such as a badge to compare it to every time you look at it. Schwinns are for life. I’ve been addicted to them for about 30 years and I’m more into them now than ever. And yes, I have a Schwinn tattoo and plan to get another one or two Schwinn tattoos. Cheesy?, maybe. But I love them and I don’t regret it. Just for the haters, I’ll also mention I have a Pez tattoo and a Swedish Fish tattoo also. Both are also staples in my life. Those are probably the two most ridiculous tattoos I have and I freaking love them. And I’m almost 50.

My son moved from NC to CA and wanted to get a tattoo to commemorate his home state. His first tattoo was of the Wright brothers Flyer. And then it started...you can’t stop with one, and this is where we are today. I am in awe of these and the artistry it took. My son is a Mechanical Engineer so he gets big cred at work.

Think it over for awhile. If the idea doesn’t go away, go for it. Nobody can decide but you. I have many tattoos and most are of logos of things I totally love. I don’t have a single regret. They are a timeline in my life. I know where I was in life and literally when I got each one and they all have a a story. Make sure whoever does it, does good, clean work. It really sucks when details are off when you have a hard reference such as a badge to compare it to every time you look at it. Schwinns are for life. I’ve been addicted to them for about 30 years and I’m more into them now than ever. And yes, I have a Schwinn tattoo and plan to get another one or two Schwinn tattoos. Cheesy?, maybe. But I love them and I don’t regret it. Just for the haters, I’ll also mention I have a Pez tattoo and a Swedish Fish tattoo also. Both are also staples in my life. Those are probably the two most ridiculous tattoos I have and I freaking love them. And I’m almost 50.
It's your body and it's for your enjoyment ( Cheesy or not). I think a key word here is "addicted". I have an addictive personality/collecting being one, bicycles being one thing I collect. I see many people that can't stop with the tats and next thing, it's out of control. You can always sell your bicycles.

As far as sharing the art with others, that's another story. Body art on an aging or unfit person is just "gag" in my opinion. Wrinkles and sags tend to distort even good artwork. Face it, none of us can look "buff" all our lives ( if we ever were). Even arms on dudes that were well muscled turn to flab eventually and that anchor is sinking fast, not to mention the set of man boobs that were once "pecs" of steel.

I look at photo's in an album, (made some albums up for my kids and 93 year old Dad / pre-digetal,but still make prints sometimes) or on my computer to remember timelines in my life. I used to be really fit ( worked out on weights, ran, skiied, swam, cycled and had a physical job) and now I'm 64 and not what I used to look like. Balding and chunkier ( sh** locker) but hey, I'm old. Ha!! I was still pretty "ripped" into my early 50's and now I just accept decline. Bad heart, bad feet, knees are a bit wonky, lower back has been sketchy most of my life, but it is what it is. I like food and lots of beer too, just can't burn it off like I used to.

I used to laugh to myself when I'd see guys over 50 with balding heads and tiny ponytails. Denial of going bald. Well, now that's me. I haven't had a haircut in over a year and unless I tie it back, I look scary and it's a hassle hanging in my eyes and mouth. If I get it cut, I'm afraid there will be nothing left. So I'm kinda being a conformist here, but because I want to and not trying to follow anyone, but holding onto the little vanity I have left. My 23 year old daughter was smiling at my "pony tail" on the weekend when I visited her ( she has some tattoo's) on my motorcycle. My 30 year old son had an ear pierced many years ago, let it grow in and has zero tats/body art.

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG

2021_0320_22190600-02.jpeg

No way, never. Reminds me of one of many wise tips from my Dad that over the years made more and more sense as time passed ....
"Don't do something just because everyone else does it."

Last edited:
Back